Friday, May 21, 2010

Animal Doctors ...

This vet gets my highest recommendation.

I've had Hemingway for 8 years and it is like living with a wild tiger. He hates vets, hates them. He has embarassed me by hanging on to people's necks and hissing, scratching, hiding behind computers and he has managed to get thrown out of 1 vet and removed from vet care when I paid for him to stay there while I went away for a few days.

Not Animal Doctors. This vet has such a gentle way with animals and lets Hemingway take his time with him. Of course, I hardly ever take Hemmy to the vet, not for his yearly injections (I know, I feel awful) and not for anything unless I am convinced I have no choice.

I have an appointment on Monday so will have to lock the cat flap and shove Hemmy into his cat box. The cat box is out and open so Hemmy knows something is up and hopefully will not go as deranged and psycho like every other time; when I put him in it.

I think for me, having a good vet, is just as important as having a great doctor, endocrinologist and who ever else medically I need. I love people who love their jobs, who have a passion about their work and who have such a way with animals (or humans for that matter).

I am so glad that I went and got kicked out of quite a few vets (Hemmy attacked a vet and hung onto his neck, refused to get out of a box at another one, went psycho at another one and attacked two men at a grooming parlour) until I found the right one.

If you live in Sydney; take your pet/s to someone who not only has a great way with animals but also is amazing to the owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment